Round Table history
The ROUND TABLE was created in England in 1926 by a member of the Rotary Club in England. It wanted a club more dynamic, younger and socially more committed. Today still they are the key elements of the ROUND TABLE.
- our members have between 25 and 40 years
- our statutes make it possible each club to adapt to its place of residence
- the work of support in favour of the people less better parcelled out is very significant
The ROUND TABLE counts 38 organizations in Switzerland with approximately 600 members.
Universally it counts more to 60' 000 members.
The name of the ROUND TABLE takes as a starting point the legend of king Arthur and his knights of the Round Table. The exchange, the generosity and the friendship shared with this Table inspired the Logo of our club and represente our philosophy.
More informationen are available on http://www.roundtable.ch.
Concretely, the purpose of the ROUND TABLE is:
- to bring together young men exerting different professions
- to develop the direction of the civic responsibility and professional ethics
- to serve the community by social actions
- to encourage the friendship and the international goodwill
These goals are achieved by meetings, conferences, discussions and other activities. The ROUND TABLE remains neutral on the political and denominational levels.
Home | Contact
us | Info
Copyright © 2015 Round Table 37 Avenches